5 Facts you should know about Amala Paul!
Amala Paul, who is all set to become the next big thing in Mollywood, is thrilled at being cast along with Mohanlal in the Joshi film ‘Run Baby Run’. The actress has another film with Prithviraj and Indrajith coming up – ‘Aakaashathinte Niram’ – that has been directed by Dr. Biju. Here are five facts about the actress that you should definitely know.
1. Amala was born on October 26, 1991 in Ernakulam, Kerala to Christian Malayali parents, Paul Varghese and Annice Paul. She has an elder brother Abhijith.
2. Amala Paul, was discovered by the renowned Malayalam director Lal Jose, who cast her in a supporting role in his remake, Neelathamara (2009). She had just completed her plus two, and was planning to become an engineer, when films beckoned.
3. Amala went on to sign two low budget Tamil films ‘Vikadakavi’ and ‘Veerasekaran’ both of which did not wonders to her career. It was her role in the Samy directed film ‘Sindhu Samaveli’ that brought her under the spotlight, and her role of a young girl having an illicit relationship with her husband’s father was much discussed.
4. However, it was Prabhu Solomon’s ‘Mynaa’ that made her an accomplished actress in Tamil, following which she was flooded with offers. She was much appreciated by the critics, most of whom hailed her as the best fresh talent of the year!
5. She has already enjoyed tremendous success in Telugu as well, with her 2012 release ‘Love Failure’ in which she had been paired with Sidharth emerging to be a critical and commercial success. Bad luck continued in Malayalam films though, as ‘Ithu Nammude Katha’, a remake of the Tamil film ‘Nadodigal’, in which she starred bombed at the box office.
Tags: Amala Paul, Run Baby Run